On a whim, I recently made a winter salad because the citrus was just so delicious and ripe that I was actually really craving it. I posted a photo on my Instagram page and it was so well-received I thought I better put it up on the website, too. I hope you enjoy it- it’s super easy to make and quite healthy, too.
Bismillah and Bon Appetit!
- 1 navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 Anjou or Bartlett pear, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup salted almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup honey
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- Combine the oranges and pears with the nuts and raisins.
- Add the honey, lemon zest and lemon juice and combine well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
- Keeps well in the fridge for about 1-2 days.
- Doubles and triples easily for a larger amount.