Cucumber, Red Onion, and Avocado Salad
At the time I made this recipe, it still felt like summer.
Two short days later, it feels like we skipped right to Autumn and possibly on the verge of winter. Oh well, I’ll eat avocados at any time of year and when mixed with cucumbers and red onions, it reminds me of summer days. At least the cucumbers I’ve had to save in my garden can be put to good use still…and for just a little while longer.
I hope you’ll enjoy this super simple, really healthy and light salad recipe, too.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber, sliced round and seeds removed
- 1/2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Juice of one lime
- Sea salt, to taste
- pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, unless making the salad ahead of time. If preparing to serve later, place the olive oil and salt at the bottom of the salad bowl or plate. Top with all the other ingredients except the lime, which should be added and combined just before serving.
I tried to subscribe for recipes and updates but it shows error. Pls add me to your mailing list.
ur recipe is marvelous please email some instant recipe for Ramadan and shake too.
Wonderful it seems to be,am gonna make it in a while 😛