- 1 lb. thigh or breast boneless, skinless chicken (5 pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1-½ fresh small lemons or 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. ground fennel
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine chicken with the garlic, herbs, pepper and salt in a glass dish. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours-overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Meanwhile heat the grill (indoor or outdoor) to medium-high heat.
- Remove garlic and rosemary from the chicken, as it tends to burn and become bitter when cooked over direct heat. Discard the marinade.
- Place chicken over direct heat on the grill and cook 6-8 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear or a meat thermometer reads at least 165°.
- Serve with a side of fresh pasta salad, grilled vegetables and any other of your favorite summertime foods.