Mediterranean Spiced Grilled Chicken
This is such a quick summer dish. Use herbs that are ready for picking, which come perfectly paired with grilled chicken. You can use dried herbs for this dish, but the flavor will not be as intense as using the fresh ones. Serves 4-6
- 1 lb. thigh or breast boneless, skinless chicken (5 pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1-½ fresh small lemons or 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. ground fennel
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine chicken with the garlic, herbs, pepper and salt in a glass dish. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours-overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Meanwhile heat the grill (indoor or outdoor) to medium-high heat.
- Remove garlic and rosemary from the chicken, as it tends to burn and become bitter when cooked over direct heat. Discard the marinade.
- Place chicken over direct heat on the grill and cook 6-8 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear or a meat thermometer reads at least 165°.
- Serve with a side of fresh pasta salad, grilled vegetables and any other of your favorite summertime foods.
Custom Embroidered Halal Kitchen Aprons
Halal Kitchen Measuring Spoons
Baked Phyllo Cups with Sauteed Mushrooms & Warmed Goat Cheese
Citrus-Herb Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Tomatoes & Feta
Rice Paper Rolls with Mango & Shrimp Stuffing and Orange-Lime Asian Sauce
Such a lovely recipe. I love Zaatar chicken and I’m I would love this too. PErfectly done!
MashaAllah, I loooove this recipe! It has a very fresh, Greek taste to it, and I absolutely adore Greek food. I tried a recipe for authentic chicken souvlakia from http://www.kopiaste.org and this one is just as good I think.
Glad you liked it, Sumayyah, and thanks for taking the time to comment here. come back again soon!
Like ur recipes
MashaAllah, this marinade was bang on! I used 1.5kg of chicken fillets and upped the marinade ingredients by three times the original prescribed measurements. Used the George Foreman grill and colours and flavours were perfect. Went down well with some Mediterranean veg and cheesy mash. Could you advise what I could do with the left over marinade? Seems a waste to chuck all the herby goodness away. JazakaAllah.