Many of you have asked about the recipe for this dish that I served over the weekend, so I’ll give it to you simply- because it’s one of the easiest dishes to make, and super simple and healthy.
Chickpea & Cilantro Salad
By October 17, 2013Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
Quick, easy, fresh- isn't that what you like to hear when you want something good to eat but don't feel like fussing over your food? This is the dish to make- for lunch, dinner, as a side dish and even for a party, like I did.
- 6 cups chickpeas cooked (about 4 10.5 ounce cans)
- large English cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil or more, to taste
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground bla to taste
- Add chickpeas to the bowl you will serve the finished dish. Add the cucumber and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl or dish, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over the chickpeas, cucumbers and cilantro.
- Combine everything together and serve immediately or chill until it's time to serve.