While fasting the other day, I overheard someone talking about a magnificent drink that was very tropical in nature and was actually something I had been meaning to make in a long while, stopping short at the inclusion of alcohol, of course. My taste buds were so keen to trying this drink that I searched my cabinets and found everything necessary to make the drink except the ice cream.
Twist my arm to get creamy vanilla ice cream in the heat of the summer….and it’s not even that hot right now.
Who needs an excuse to make this?
Just do it.
You can thank me later.
Non-Alcoholic Piña Colada
By August 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 cups (4 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
Bring the tropics home with this silky smooth Caribbean-inspired drink- sans rum or any other alcoholic beverage included. It's so delicious that it's perfect for a Summer Ramadan night. Goes really well with grilled summertime dishes, too.
- 1 cup ice
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 large pineapple diced
- 1 banana
- 4 generous scoops vanilla ice cream
- To a blender, add everything listed in the ingredients, making sure that the ice is at the bottom for easier blending.
- Blend until smooth, approximately one minute, then pour into serving cups immediately.
- Skill Level: Easy