I’m working with IFANCA (Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America) on their upcoming Halal and Healthy workshops around the Chicagoland area where I’ll be conducting food demos on four different recipes, all super simple and all using halal-certified products.
This snack mix, which is great fpr parties, is just one of four I’ll be making and our audience tasting at each workshop.
If you can’t be at any particular workshop, you can still enjoy the flavors, the simplicity of the process and see which halal-certified products can be used to make it.
For more information about the locations, dates and times of the workshops, please visit the IFANCA Facebook or Twitter pages. Of course I’ll be sharing on the My Halal Kitchen Facebook and Twitter pages, too. We’d love to see you in person!
- 2 cups multigrain pretzels (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew pieces (unsalted)
- 1 cup Wonderful Pistachios
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (also referred to as ‘pepitas’)
- 1/2 cup Saffron Road's Wasabi Crunchy Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Saffron Road's Falafel Crunchy Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Saffron Road's Bombay Spice Crunchy Chickpeas
- Use a large bowl to mix all the ingredients together then separate into individual bowl, if desired. If not, add a spoon or something everyone can use to scoop out individual portions of the mixture.