I’m working with IFANCA (Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America) on their upcoming Halal and Healthy workshops around the Chicagoland area where I’ll be conducting food demos on four different recipes, all super simple and all using halal-certified products.
This snack mix, which is great for parties, is just one of four I’ll be making and our audience tasting at each workshop. It’s simply a mix of cashews, pistachios, gluten-free pretzels, Bombay Spiced Chickpeas, and Falafel Spice Chickpeas. Literally takes less than 30 seconds to combine.
If you can’t be at any particular workshop, you can still enjoy the flavors, the simplicity of the process and see which halal-certified products can be used to make it.
- 2 cups multigrain pretzels (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew pieces (unsalted)
- 1 cup Wonderful Pistachios
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (also referred to as ‘pepitas’)
- 1/2 cup Saffron Road's Wasabi Crunchy Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Saffron Road's Falafel Crunchy Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Saffron Road's Bombay Spice Crunchy Chickpeas
- Use a large bowl to mix all the ingredients together then separate into individual bowl, if desired. If not, add a spoon or something everyone can use to scoop out individual portions of the mixture.