Strolling through the farmer’s market on a humid summer morning is enough inspiration to seek out the best salad ingredients you can find. I returned recently with beautiful radishes and purple scallions. Combining that with my balcony garden herbs made this a super local food.
- ½ bunch radishes, julienned
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed, sliced lengthwise
- 3 scallions, cut lengthwise
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- juice of ½ lemon
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
Wash, cut and combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl. If making ahead of time, add lemon juice, salt and olive oil just before serving.