Making croutons for things like salads or stuffing is so easy, you seriously never have to buy it in the store. Ever! All you need is a loaf of rustic bread- French or Italian are great- and an oven (even a toaster oven would work). Get the recipe below…
- 1 loaf rustic bread
- Preheat an oven to 375° F.
- Cut a loaf of bread into small squares or roughly diced pieces about 1/2 inch each.
- Use two cookie sheets to spread out the bread pieces.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove immediately and let cool before using in a recipe.
- You can cut the loaf of bread the night before using in recipes such as stuffing. Cover overnight then bake a little further the next day, typically for just 10 minutes.