If you’ve watched my Facebook Live video series with Dr. Madiha Saeed, you’ll probably know a little bit about this recipe and why it’s appearing here- because it’s a total family favorite- and now passed on to more family and friends.
Dr. Saeed started bringing this Pumpkin Cake to me to try quite some time ago and to show me how a non-dairy, non-wheat based “sweet” or treat could be healthy and delicious and easy to make –and something I would actually enjoy making and eating regularly.
And that’s exactly what this is- believe me, you just have to try it. You really won’t believe how good this recipe is and it will change the way you think about baking. I’m actually relieved that I can go dairy-free (if you don’t use ghee) and wheat-free and still have something to drink with my coffee or tea in the morning and afternoon- regularly.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 almond butter or ghee
- 1 can of organic pumpkin
- 2/3 cup honey
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pecan pieces, pumpkin and sunflower seeds for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients (except the nuts and seeds) until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass oven-proof rectangular pan or a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Top with pecans, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before cutting to serve.