I offered samples of these muffins to those who attended the My Halal Kitchen Baking Demo for a Sunday school just a couple of days ago. I was demonstrating how versatile the batter for my Banana Blueberry Loaf can be just by substituting a few ingredients and changing up the presentation. The base is the same, so you can rest assured that you can pretty much have it any way you like.
Cranberry & White Chocolate Mini Muffins
Makes about 60 mini cupcakes (2 in. round)
1 cup vegetable, grapeseed oil, or flavorless oil.
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups pure cane sugar, granulated
1 cup white chocolate morsels with real cocoa butter
1 cup frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Measure all dry ingredients into a metal or glass mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, measure out the eggs and yogurt. Using a wire whisk, mix together well. Next, add the vegetable oil and whisk again until all three ingredients are well-blended.
- Using 1-2 cups at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Using a wooden spoon or heavy wire whisk, blend all ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Gently fold in the cranberries, then the white chocolate morsels.
- Using an ice cream scoop or rounded measuring spoon, add the batter to paper-lined muffin tins. Since these are small muffins, be sure to add no more than one cranberry per muffin.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes are light golden brown.
- Allow to cool. Frosting is optional.
These are great for breakfast, kid treats, or party desserts.