Lately it’s been so hot outside that I have been craving some really fruity and cold drinks. I love lemonade and love to experiment with a variety of additions to lemonade drinks, adding different types of fresh fruits and blending them together with ice to create an incredibly fun and delicious drink to go with dinner or just on its own as a summertime cooler.
My latest creation involves frozen peaches, but you can add any frozen fruits you think might go well. Skip the ice addition in the recipe if you want a thinner, more liquid drink.
- Juice of 6 small lemons, or about ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ pound frozen sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons organic raw cane sugar
- Squeeze fresh lemons, careful to discard all seeds. Add liquid to a blender.
- Add the ice cubes, frozen peaches and sugar to the blender. Turn blender on high and on the mode that will crush the ice completely, allowing it to run for about 45 seconds.
- Serve in glasses when cold.
- If storing, place in the refrigerator (covered) where it should stay fresh for about 1-2 days.