This is the quickest oven-baked frittata to prepare. Normally I would add flour and milk to a dish like this, but on the day it was made, I was in such a hurry there was no time to think about accurately measuring the two. It resulted in one of the fluffiest and most delicious frittatas we’ve ever had-simplicity at its best.
Use whatever veggies you have and make a meal of it with soup or a side salad. If you have leftovers, cut squares of the frittata and place on your favorite bread for a tasty panini and a cost-effective brown bag lunch!
- 10 eggs, preferably cage-free brown eggs
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/8 cup shaved carrots or thinly julienned carrot strips
- 1/8 cup shaved broccoli stems
- about 1/4 cup white, extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2-4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper, or to taste
- ¼ tsp. salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Put all ingredients into an oven-safe dish and whisk together well.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until top is evenly browned.