Each year that the month of Ramadan falls in the Summer (the Islamic calendar is a lunar one), it poses a bit of a challenge to those fasting due to the long days and often intense heat in most places around the world at this time.
In Ramadan the focus is actually not on the food, however, having a sense of what to eat to help make the most out of non-fasting times by giving one’s body the appropriate nutrient-dense, hydrating and healthy meals is a surefire way to make the most out of one’s fasting experience, too.
I wrote the book on Summer Ramadan Cooking in 2011 and in doing so it’s given me great pleasure to know that many people have benefitted from the recipes they’ve found to be quick, delicious and easy to make for their families.
To bring the pages of the book to life, I’ve decided to host workshops on the topic for both adults and children (families, schools, women’s groups, etc.) to provide valuable information I’ve gathered from years of experience developing my own routine, meal plans and tips to help me get through the month with ease.
I don’t want to spend more time in the kitchen during Ramadan and I don’t think you do, either. That’s just not the point of it, is it?
In my workshops I discuss how to really get your kitchens organized, learn to prepare quick and easy meals and healthy eating habits that can be carried on throughout the rest of the year and so much more.
Here are some examples of what you would learn and experience:
- Pantry organization for Ramadan cooking
- Learn what’s really in your food and why you need to know in order to eat healthy AND halal
- Suggestions for halal and healthy ingredients to create your own Summer Ramadan meals
- Meal planning ideas and tips for the whole month
- Quick and healthy recipes for Iftar (the meal that breaks the fast) and Suhoor (the pre-dawn meal before the fasting day begins) in the form of a demo and food sampling
- Entertaining tips and ideas for Ramadan and Eid ul Fitr
- Q & A about anything related to Ramadan/Eid halal cooking and eating
When attending one of my workshops, this is what you’ll get:
- 1 hour presentation packed with information about the details mentioned above
- Handout of the tips mentioned in the course
- Food samples of the recipes demonstrated
- Surprise take-away gift
- Discount on the paperback copy of Summer Ramadan Cooking; coupon code discount for digital copies of Summer Ramadan Cooking
- Opportunity to have your book signed by Yvonne
- Sneak peak on the details of Yvonne’s new cookbook, My Halal Kitchen: Cooking Tips, Global Cuisine, Lifestyle Inspiration
Classes are mostly held in groups, but it is possible to conduct individual or couple classes, as well. To register for a class, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with more information about where you are located and how many people you wish to have in the workshop. Once arranged you will receive more details about pricing and how to officially register and receive your discount codes for the two versions of the Summer Ramadan Cooking cookbooks.
If you are unable to attend a live event, please consider listening to my hour-long webinar on Healthy Ramadan Cooking here.
Enjoy and Have a Happy & Blessed Ramadan, everyone!