- I come from the rocky slopes of Mount Taygetos, near the small village of Vordonia.
- My botanical name means “to save” in Latin, alluding to the many health benefits the earliest doctors from Greece to Asia appreciated.
- You can find me in any house or restaurant in Crete, where the locals drink me for my healthy and soothing properties, usually with wild honey.
- I AM NATURALLY CAFFEINE FREE AND DELICIOUS BOTH HOT AND COLD!
I AM A 100% USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC PRODUCT!
- I was discovered by shepherds in the mountains and am often called the “Shepherd’s Tea”. In ancient times, the great surrounding cities of my region used me for refreshment and healing. This tradition is carried on to this day, thousands of years later. I am naturally caffeine free and delicious whether hot or cold.
- Use your favorite tea press or infuser with a small handful of tea (3g).
- Or, for maximum flavor and benefits, boil for 3-5 minutes, let it steep for 3-5 minutes, then remove herbs or strain. Enjoy your Mountain Tea!
- Add wild honey to taste and enjoy your Mountain Tea!
THE SOURCE & HISTORY OF VORDONIA MOUNTAIN TEA
- I grow on the rocky hillsides of Mount Taygetos above 3,000 ft, near the small village of Vordonia. I am cared for by hand over the winter and then carefully harvested as my flowers begin to appear over several months in the spring. The Spartans in the valley below as well as the other great cities in the ancient world used me for refreshment and healing and this tradition continues today, thousands of years later.
Our fresh Mountain Tea is unique to Vordonia, Greece; and naturally caffeine free!
Fresh Mountain Tea is identified with its health benefits. The earliest doctors prescribed Mountain Tea!
Mountain Tea is enjoyed both cold and hot. Hot Mountain Tea is complimented by our Greek honeys.
Our Mountain Tea is 100% organic and fresh! Mountain tea organic is the best option for your health.