I usually clean out my fridge before going on a big grocery haul, and I usually clean off the jars and lids of items I bring home, but I NEVER thought of some of the tips in these videos by Dr.Jeffrey VanWingen.
Some of his top tips are:
- Wash your produce in warm, soapy water for at least twenty seconds
- Leave groceries outside for three days, if you can (i.e. garage)
- Have a designated clean surface for the items you bring in and clean
- Corona virus can live a lot longer in the freezer so it’s not recommended to freeze items to ward off the virus.
- Consider your hands as contaminated after handling groceries; use elbows to open/close doors until you can thoroughly clean your hands.
Here is an updated video he uploaded after the first one:
What other tips do you have and implement about being methodically clean like this when handling items from outside?