Fresh & Fruity Coconut Water
There’s no doubt that one of the hardest part of the fasting day might not even be going without food, but going without water. That’s why it’s super important to hydrate during the non-fasting hours, all throughout those hours. It’s easy to remember to do if you make a huge jar of a natural, hydrating drink and keep it on hand to fill up large cups to drink after eating the Iftar meal, take it on the go to the taraweeh prayers, and more.
I made this wonderful large jar of fruity coconut water earlier in the day, refrigerated it and took it out at Iftar time. I drink as much as I can throughout the night and before it’s time to stop eating and drinking once again. Use fresh fruits you have on hand, the best coconut water you can find (or just water) and fresh herbs from your garden to make it extra special and refreshing.
- 2 liters coconut water
- 1 liter water
- 2 cups mixed berries and cut strawberries
- 2 peaches
- 1 nectarine
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 large basil leaves
- Use a large container (one that holds 8 pints) to prepare the drink.
- Slice the peaches and nectarines.
- Pour the water and coconut water into the container. Add the berries, peaches and nectarines. Place the herbs on top. Seal the container and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours, or until ready to serve.
- If you still have some of this drink left over after serving, remove the herbs and fruit (which can be used in smoothies or yogurt snacks), otherwise the fruit can begin to ferment and leave a bad taste in the water.
Looks so refreshing! Will def. have to try this! thank you for posting.
I just saw your page at facebook and i like it.
I really like this drinks recipe i will defenitly try this.
assalamu alaikum. ive been a convert to islam for six years and am always looking for new halal receipes for my family, i have just got the internet connected and alhumdulilah i found this page. yummy receipes. jazakallah khair
Asalaam Alaikum shukriya for the great easy ideas not just for Ramadan but all year.