The perfect starter to a Ramadan Iftar meal, this deliciously-spiced fruit salad recipe was submitted by reader Shazia Wahid. From experience, I know it tastes just as good as it looks and it’s the quintessential dish to appear at an Indo-Pakistani Iftar table during Ramadan.
By July 17, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 cups (4 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
A traditional Iftar starter during Ramadan within the Indo-Pakistani culture. Recipe Submitted by Shazia Wahid.
- 1 apple diced
- 1 firm bananas sliced
- 12 grapes halved
- 6 strawberries quartered
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 mango diced
- 2 tablespoons pineapple chunks
- 1 kiwi quartered
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon kaali namak (black salt)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Toss all the chopped fruits in a bowl.
- Add the chaat masala, lemon juice, sugar and black salt.
- Adjust seasonings to personal taste.
- Serve chilled.
Hey.. Ramadan Kareem!
Fruit chat is something we could make easily and it is also nutritious with dietry rich fiber.. I loved it
This sounds great, but the “fruit chaat masaala” link doesn’t work. Can you fix?
@Andrea- not sure which link you are referring to.
That looks absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!