One of the things I’ve been enjoying most about the summer has truly been all the Ramadan prep recipes I’ve been able to share throughout my cookbook tour, via Instagram and now on the website. It’s amazing how much food brings us all together and we can talk new ideas for healthy eating and living on such a worldwide basis.
That said, this recipe for my Alcohol-Free Sangria has been one of the most requested. I made it on my cookbook tour, although it’s not a recipe in the book but rather an additional idea for a party drink I brought to many of the venues where I demonstrated because I felt it was such a delicious twist on the traditional Spanish.
It was so good, even the kids liked it and could enjoy it, too.
It was shared several times on my Instagram page, and as promised, here it is now.
By July 15, 2013Published:
- Yield: 10-12 cups (10-12 Servings)
- Prep: 20 minutes mins
High quality grape juice or a combination of cherry and grape make for such a lovely, elegant, fruity and thirst-quenching drink that is perfect for parties. Add club soda or sparkling water for a little fizz, in addition to the fresh fruits suggestions. Tip: add fresh fruits about 30 minutes before guests arrive and any carbonated beverages just before serving. This helps keep the drink bubbly while the fruit has time to flavor it all. This will not taste great the next day unless fruit is removed (otherwise, it just tastes bitter).
- 64 ounces pure grape juice
- 1 liter club soda or sparkling water
- 1/2 pound grapes on stem
- 1/2 pound strawberries sliced
- 2 oranges sliced
- 2 lemons sliced
- 3 limes sliced
- 3 peaches sliced
- 2 cups ice cubes
- To a large punch bowl, add the entire bottle of juice
- Thoroughly clean and cut all of the fruit but the leave the grapes intact on their stems.
- Add the sliced fruit to the juice and let it sit in the bowl for about 30 minutes, covered.
- Just before serving, add the club soda or sparkling water to the juice. Add the ice.
- Drape the grapes over the punch bowl or use a few grapes to decorate individual cups when serving. Ladle juice into cups with bits of fruit for guests to enjoy.
- Cuisine: Mediterrarean
- Skill Level: Easy
Eagerly waiting to get awesome tips
say: ‘i find nothing in what has been revealed to me that forbids any one to eat of any food except the dead, running blood, and the flesh of swine for these are unclean and that which has been hallowed in its slaughter to other than Allah. but whoever is constrained to eat of any of these, not intending to sin or transgress, then your lord is forgiving, the most merciful. AL-ANAAM (145)