For those of you who saw my video interview with Mustafa Koita, Entrepreneur and Founder of Koita foods (plant-based nut milks), you may have watched till the end when I made this pretty tasty smoothie that contains the Koita Oat Milk product and just a few other things. Here’s the recipe all laid out and a few notes on the substitutions at the end.
Power Smoothie with Koita Oat Milk & Tahini
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen and then thawed
- 1 cup Koita Oat Milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon tahini
- 1 Medjool date
- 2 tablespoons unsalted almonds
- finely chopped pistachios to garnish (optional)
To a blender, add the banana and pour in the Koita Oat Milk. Add the tahini and mix well on high. Add the Medjool date and almonds and mix again on the highest setting to finely chop and blend both ingredients.
Pour into one tall glass or two small cups and garnish with chopped pistachios, if desired.
- Try to consume this drink soon after making it, as refrigerating it may not taste as good since the banana is quick to degrade.
- I recommend any of the Koita nut milks for this smoothie (especially the Organic Almond + Coconut), with the exception of their Italian Soy for Coffee (you can use their Soy Milk instead).
- If you require a little more sweetener to this drink, you can add about 1/2 teaspoon honey or grape molasses (will change the color slightly). (The honey would make this smoothie vegetarian instead of vegan).
- For a different topping, you can garnish with any type of chopped nut or coconut flakes and it would be equally delish!