I’m working with IFANCA (Islamic Food and Nutrition Council) on their upcoming Halal and Healthy workshops around the Chicagoland area where I’ll be conducting food demos on four different recipes, all super simple and all using halal-certified products.
These flatbread triangles, great kid-friendly snack, is just one of four I’ll be making and our audience tasting at each workshop.
If you can’t be at any particular workshop, you can still enjoy the flavors, the simplicity of the process and see which halal-certified products can be used to make it.
For more information about the locations, dates and times of the workshops, please visit the IFANCA Facebook or Twitter pages. Of course I’ll be sharing on the My Halal Kitchen Facebook and Twitter pages, too. We’d love to see you in person!
- 1 bag Kontos Flatbread Multigrain with Whole Grain (14 ounces)
- 1 8-ounce block Cabot Creamery Cheese
- 2 cups fresh salad greens such as arugula or baby lettuce leaves
- 2 cups freshly sliced cherry tomatoes and/or cucumbers
- Use a pair of kitchen scissors or shears to cut each piece of flatbread into eight even triangles.
- Arrange a serving platter with all of the bread pieces then place a small piece of baby lettuce or arugula on top. Add one square slice of cheese on top and then add a sliced tomato or cucumber. Keep in place with a toothpick, if necessary.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.