The My Halal Kitchen Nutella Recipe Contest has chosen a winning recipe! It was fun testing all of your submissions, so I’d like to take a moment to thank everyone who took the time to choose a recipe and send it in to us. Your time and effort is very much noticed and appreciated.
The winning recipe was a NutelLava Cup, sumbitted by My Halal Kitchen reader Lamyaa Hashim. For this unique, quick and satisfying dessert, Lamyaa will receive a brand new 9-cup Stovetop Epresso Maker! With this, she should be able to make even more NutelLava Cups. Congratulations, Lamyaa!
by Lamyaa Hashim
Two minutes of preparation and one minute in the microwave make a NutelLava Cup the perfect solution when you want a quick, delicious snack or dessert in a single serving without feeling the guilt of having leftovers. A great fix for drop-in guests that will make them feel induldged upon arrival.
In a microwave-safe coffee mug, whisk together:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil (may substitute with canola OR 1 tablespoon applesauce + 1 tablespoon oil)
- 2 ½ tablespoons coffee (may use water)
- dash of salt
- drop or two of vanilla (optional)
Then, whisk after each introduction into mixture:
- 1 packet Truvia (stevia) or Stevia drops to taste
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- You may add a little more coffee or water if batter appears too thick.
Drop one tablespoon of Nutella directly into the middle of the batter. DO NOT
- Microwave mug with mixture for 60 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray a miniature single-serving pie tin with canola oil.
- In a separate small bowl or cup follow the above directions. Before adding Nutella, pour into prepared baking dish and then drop in the Nutella.
- Bake at 375º for 9 minutes.
- Loosen edges of pie plate with knife or spatula and it should come out clean for attractive serving.
NutelLava Ice Cream Variation:
- Spoon out ¾ cup of vanilla ice cream or ice cream substitute (like Rice Dream) and let soften.
- Prepare NutelLava Cup via your chosen method.
- While prepared NutelLava Cup is still warm, stir into ice cream by the spoonful.
- Enjoy as is, or make in larger quantities and refreeze to enjoy at any time.