This is a recipe contest I’m really excited about! For those who aren’t familiar with Nutella, it’s a perfectly creamy, nutty, Italian chocolate-hazelnut spread. In fact, it’s the chocolate-hazelnut spread.
My Nonna (Sicilian grandmother) used to give it to us kids as a snack, smothered all over plain, untoasted, soft, American bread. We would fold the bread in half to fill our mouths with an even larger clump of this chocolaty-hazelnuty bit of loveliness.
I still do that today. But I use wheat bread instead. That’s healthier. So, I don’t feel so bad.
There are a few imitators of Nutella and admittedly, I’ve tried them just to save a buck. In my opinion, it’s never been worth it and the copycat jars were pretty hard to finish. They just weren’t Nutella.
Needless to say, I was surprised to learn in the past decade that it’s growing in popularity so much so that you can find it at just about any grocery store. Even Costco sells it in bulk- genius! When I was growing up, we could only find it at Italian specialty stores like Galucci’s in Cleveland, so it was definitely a luxury and a treat.
Nutella is now officially a world phenomenon. There’s even a World Nutella Day! It happens to be today.
My friends and their kids love it, too. One has a daughter who loves it so much that at two years old she actually snuck into the kitchen pantry, grabbed the jar of Nutella and dug right in- so much so that her face was covered in it as she literally dove into the jar to get the most Nutella possible. Nothing could be cuter (except for the mess)…
Now it’s your turn!
Share your love of cooking and your favorite Nutella recipe with My Halal Kitchen. If chosen, you could win a great prize that will help you make the most of your time in the kitchen.
What I’m looking for
- One original recipe (yours) that includes Nutella. It doesn’t have to be a dessert
- The best use of all-natural and healthy ingredients
- A great taste. I’ll be making the recipes that look the most interesting and have taste-testers on hand to help me decide on the winner
- Nutella must be a key ingredient in the recipe
- No alcohol or pork products or by-products may be an ingredient in the recipe
- You must be an email subscriber of My Halal Kitchen to enter. You’re not? It’s free and easy- subscribe here!
- All recipes must be received by Friday, February, 12 (12:01 am), 2010.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, February 22, 2010, insha’allah.
- With the submission of your recipe, you are giving permission to My Halal Kitchen to feature it on the site on the date the winning recipe is announced or at any other time, with credit ascribed to you.
How to Enter
- Click here to reach our contact form. Submit your written recipe in the message box; OR email your recipe to: email@example.com
Happy cooking or baking and best wishes to everyone who enters the contest. Have fun with it!
Thanks for your participation!